Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Asrama? (Oct 5)


Asrama

Oct 5

What’s that? Asrama is my home for the next two years. It is in the Plateaux region of the country. It’s a medium sized village with a lycee (school). There is no running water or electricity in my post. I will be living in a family compound with my own house, which is provided for by the community. The house also comes with a dog, which makes me ecstatic. The current volunteer, who is leaving in November, is not bringing his dog back to the states so I don’t have to look for a dog. There is a weekly marche (Market) in Asrama on Mondays so I won’t have to travel for that, which is great. For everything else I would have to go to the next large town for mail and such, which is Notse. The main local language is Adja. The best thing about this village is how committed the chief is to Girl’s Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment